If you haven’t signed up for the Open yet, you might find yourself in the Top Ten List below. If you are, time for you to stop the negative self-talk and get yourself registered!!
Here are my Top 10 Worst Reasons Not to Sign Up for the Games
10. I can’t Rx all the moves: Don’t worry, of the 100,000+ athletes in last years Open, MOST couldn’t Rx all the moves so you’ll fit right in.
9. I always go out Friday night with my friends (my kids, my mom…) Bring them to watch – CrossFitters are role models for positive change.
8. I need new lifting shoes, a new rope, new shorts…. A New Excuse! Remember CrossFitters make the clothes, the clothes don’t make the CrossFitter.
7. Everyone’s faster/better than me (Really? Most Olympic athletes would stay home if that was a real excuse)
6. Crowds make me nervous, and I hear lots of people will be there. This is true and that’s the magic of the Games. If you think a CrossFit class is supportive, try a hundred people collectively cheering for you to PR!
5. I never know when I get a no-rep… No-reps are no problem, your judge is there for that. But if you really can’t stop thinking about it, do the judges course on-line. You’ll learn tons about what the standards are and it will help you focus even if you never decide to judge.
4. I don’t have the $20 🙁 Stop going to Tim’s for coffee.
3. I’m going to be away one of those Fridays.. Me too – we’ll do our wod together before we go or after we get back!
2. I don’t have any of those cool CrossFit socks – No worries, I have lots and I’ll lend you a pair.
1. I’m not ready!! Yes you are and you have been since the day you did your first CrossFit Moncton WOD. Say it with me “I am a CrossFitter – 3-2-1 GO!”
5 Clean and Jerks (135/95#/60%)
5 Muscle ups
*10 min cap
Compare to Nov.14/11